Are you interested in the medical field, particularly mental health and substance abuse treatment? Are you looking for more experience hands-on with patients in a professional medical setting?
Master Center for Addiction Medicine is seeking a Medical Scribe who has experience with medical transcription to assist our team of professionals that provide outpatient medical and psychiatric care to patients suffering from substance use disorder.
Master Center would prefer a full-time scribe with Mon-Fri 8am-5pm availability; however, we will consider the right applicant for part-time work. Any part-time scribes would be required to commit to working a minimum of 20 hours weekly at Master Center.
Master Center approaches the disease of addiction in a comprehensive, evidence-based and individualized way, drawing on every tool that has been proven effective: medical treatment, education, psychiatry, professional counseling, testing/monitoring, peer support services and community recovery organizations. Our practice approach is to provide compassionate care through providers that are committed to treating our patients with dignity, respect and kindness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transcribe patient encounters.
- Communicate pertinent patient information with rest of Master Center team.
- Facilitate diagnostic tests and referrals to medical specialists.
- Assist medical providers with fundamental patient care.
- Maintain a clean and professional working environment.
- Assist Medical team in taking patient histories and verifying medications and ROS.
- Working with providers, recovery coaches and LabCorp to facilitate lab and bloodwork requests from providers.
- Assist the provider as needed in documenting Patient Health Information into EMR.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Medical Scribing
- Ability to provide timely and accurate documentation through an electronic health record.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient with EMRs, Windows, Outlook, internet research, MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Collaboration with other professionals is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, pre-med curriculum a plus.
- Background check required.
Pay: $16 an hour
Hours: Full-time or part-time, minimum of 20 hours per week for part-time
Master Center for Addiction Medicine is a fast-growing private, outpatient addiction medicine treatment center headquartered in Glen Allen, Virginia. Our aim is not just to treat patients but to heal them – by helping each find his or her way to lifelong recovery.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered to full-time employees (part time employees are not eligible for benefits).
Please do not contact the office directly! We are conducting all hiring activities through our ATS and the associated email account. Thank you.
All Master Center Employees are required to be fully vaccinated (all recommended doses). Anyone with a qualifying reason not to get vaccinated must submit weekly PCR testing.
To keep patients and employees safe, we have implemented measures per CDC guidelines and state requirements, including wearing masks, social distancing, limiting capacity, & providing some services via telehealth.