Medical Support Supervisor
Master Center for Addiction Medicine is a physician-led addiction treatment program for patients overcoming alcohol or drug addiction with care built around the concept of medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
We seek a skilled, empathetic Medical Support Supervisor passionate about leading, making a difference, and improving the quality of life for individuals with substance abuse addiction.
The applicant is required to have two years of management experience. The Medical Support Supervisor oversees Medical Assistants. Medical Assistant (MA) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) certification required.
This position will require regular travel. You will be expected to travel at least monthly to additional office locations in Virginia.
- Coordinates all operations and activities of Medical Assistants across all locations, including supervising, acting as an agency liaison, directing training, programming, and supporting compliance with all rules, regulations, and policies that apply.
- Oversees and provides care and treatment of clients (i.e.: obtaining specimens, vitals, health histories, and lab analysis).
- Establishes and implements workflows for medical support team functions
- Trains and audits competencies specific to each team member
- Maintains quality standards through regular audits
- Complies with all rules, regulations, and policies that apply to the organization.
- Manages medical assistants and medical support staff.
- Oversees all individuals receiving medical services, administers medication, guides and responds to inquiries regarding client health issues.
- Coordinates injection medication orders with specialty pharmacies
- Responds to medical records requests
- Addresses incoming faxes for assisgned providers and monitors the other medical support staff to do the same
- Communicates medical and health matters to medical assistant staff, clinic personnel, families, guardians, etc., in conjunction with the Director of Medical Services and Care Coordination.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with external labs.
- Establishes and implements workflows for medical support services.
- Determines and staffs lab hours based on patient needs.
- Acts as liaison, advocate, and coordinator for individuals receiving services.
- Provides education to patients as appropriate under license or certification, and scope of practice.
- Updates MC waived testing procedures as needed, and oversees implementation of any required changes
- Establishes and monitors Medical Assistant teams’ workflows, productivity, and ongoing quality assurance. Evaluates performance, including developmental plans, disciplinary actions, and organizational requirements and expectations. Identifies additional training needs and addresses them, as needed.
- Arranges and schedules all training for Medical Assistant staff, including new hire orientation and EMR documentation training.
- Evaluates and monitors Medical Assistant clinical skills and provides necessary training to ensure competency.
- Has an excellent understanding of patient flow and Master Center programs
- Supervises staff training and development through teaching, acting as a role model, and guiding staff on appropriately working with and interacting with individuals receiving services, other staff, families, and guardians.
- Ensures completion and submission of all required daily, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as scheduled.
- Provides oversight for the completion of the initial screening, initial assessment, comprehensive assessment, annual assessment
- Conducts chart reviews, required reports, logs, mail, requests, etc., maintaining an accurate and organized filing system.
- Effectively manages appropriate staffing coverage.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Phlebotomy skills
- Strong organizational, prioritizing, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding written skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of EMR computer and software applications used in job functions. (Experience with E-Clinical Works a PLUS!).
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
Required Minimum Education: High School Diploma; Associate Degree (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
Licensure/Certification Required: Current LPN Licensure or MA Certification
Minimum Years and Type of Experience: Two years clinic or office management experience (required)
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: This position requires the ability to effectively communicate with essential staff for business and clinical support purposes with various healthcare professionals and organizational leadership.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred: Highly organized, detail-oriented, strategic thinking, self-motivated, can articulate and present information professionally and concisely.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 hours
Work Shift: TBD (Outpatient Office-- no overnight shifts)
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Paid time off
Please do not contact the office directly! We are conducting all hiring activities through our ATS and the associated email account. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
All Master Center Employees are required to be fully vaccinated (all recommended doses). Anyone with a qualifying reason not to get vaccinated must submit weekly PCR testing.
To keep patients and employees safe, we have implemented measures per CDC guidelines and state requirements, including wearing masks, social distancing, limiting capacity, & providing some services via telehealth.