Addiction Medicine Physician
Seeking a Licensed Physician to provide high quality outpatient treatment for substance use disorders as part of our team of professionals at Master Center for Addiction Medicine. Our providers participate in interdisciplinary teams that approach the disease of addiction in a comprehensive, evidence-based and individualized way, drawing on every tool that has been proven effective: medical treatment, education, psychiatry, professional counseling, testing/monitoring peer support services and community recovery organizations. Our practice approach is to provide compassionate care through providers that are committed to treating our patients with dignity, respect and kindness.
Master Center will support any necessary licensing, including attaining the buprenorphine waiver through SAMHSA. Qualified candidates must hold a current, in good-standing, Medical License. Experience in the field of addiction medicine is not required. A comprehensive addiction medicine provider education training program begins upon day of hire.
Master Center for Addiction Medicine is at the forefront of innovation in providing high quality outpatient addiction treatment, one of the fastest growing fields of medicine today. Channel your passion for helping others into a medical career that is personally and professionally rewarding. Join us on the front lines as direct care staff working alongside top notch professionals and learning from the best in the addiction treatment industry.
Master Center is headquartered in Glen Allen, Virginia and we are expanding to new areas in Virginia! We are seeking a licensed medical physician for our locations in Chesterfield, Hampton and Gloucester as well as Glen Allen.
We are inclusive, and encourage persons in long- term, sustained recovery to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing initial evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and ongoing support for individuals with addiction and substance related health conditions.
- Completing full and appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Educating and counseling patients regarding medication and treatment plan compliance.
- Working with a team of professionals to administer and coordinate the best care for those patients that require not only medical therapy but behavioral health services as well.
Physicians are required to maintain the appropriate licensure, certifications and CME credits.
Required Licensure and Certifications:
- Licensed in the state of Virginia as a physician.
- Board certification in family medicine, internal medicine, emergency medicine or psychiatry preferred.
- Ability to provide timely and accurate documentation through an electronic health record.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient with EMRs, Windows, Outlook, internet research, MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Collaboration with other professionals is required.
- Background check required.
- Competence in addressing multi-dimensional needs and dual-diagnosis patients in an outpatient setting.
By working at Master Center, you could qualify for the Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery (STAR) Loan Repayment Program (LRP)! If you are a medical professional, nurse, behavioral/mental health clinician, recovery support professional or "paraprofessional," you might be eligible to apply for this loan repayment program, as Master Center is an approved STAR LRP facility!
Note: We are conducting all hiring activities through our ATS and the associated email account. Please do not call or contact the office directly.
Master Center for Addiction Medicine is a fast-growing private, outpatient addiction medicine treatment center headquartered in Richmond, Virginia. Our aim is not just to treat patients but to heal them – by helping each find his or her way to lifelong recovery.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered to full-time employees.
Job Type: Part-time or Full-time
All Master Center Employees are required to be fully vaccinated (all recommended doses). Anyone with a qualifying reason not to get vaccinated must submit weekly PCR testing.
To keep patients and employees safe, we have implemented measures per CDC guidelines and state requirements, including wearing masks, social distancing, limiting capacity, & providing some services via telehealth.