We are seeking an Intake Coordinator to screen patients and conduct intakes at our innovative treatment center! Become a member of our collaborative team of caring and compassionate professionals at Master Center for Addiction Medicine and you will be joining the field of comprehensive outpatient addiction medicine treatment, one of the fastest growing fields of medicine today.
Please note: this is a position that will involve a significant amount of time one-on-one with patients, and it requires the ability to communicate effectively over the phone with patients and the ability to communicate effectively with other team members regarding patient care. This is a fast-paced role and you will spend a great deal of time on the phone and computer. The ideal candidate will know how to effectively multi-task while staying engaged with patients.
We do candidate assessment batteries. You are required to complete the competencies. If you do not complete the assessments, the hiring manager will not schedule an interview with you after the initial phone interview.
Master Center for Addiction Medicine is a private, outpatient addiction medicine treatment center headquartered in Glen Allen, Virginia. We have two additional offices in Hampton and Gloucester. Our approach to addiction is comprehensive, evidence-based and individualized, drawing on every tool that has been proven effective: medical treatment, education, psychiatry, professional counseling, testing/monitoring and peer support services. Our aim is not just to treat patients but to heal them – by helping each one find his or her way to lifelong recovery.
The Intake Coordinator works under the direction of the Director of Patient Operations. Responsibilities include responding to patient inquiries related to services offered, performing screening processes and initial intake interviews, and obtaining information necessary to identify program eligibility. Additional responsibilities include insurance eligibility and insurance verification validation process, in response to inquiries and requests for services.
Must have a strong understanding of addiction medicine to conduct the initial prescreening and obtain the necessary information from individuals seeking treatment, to appropriately offer service options to the individual. Must have the ability to relay pertinent information to the individual about the services that are offered by Master Center. Possesses knowledge in the following functional areas: intake, registration, insurance eligibility and scheduling.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to inquiries, via telephone and other methods, from individuals seeking addiction treatment
- Conducts initial prescreening of individual’s needs to determine what program options are suitable
- Demonstrated ability to obtain, document and record all pertinent information in the prescribed manner
- Ability to relay Master Center’s Mission, Values and communicate necessary information about the services and program compliance
- Verifies and documents insurance eligibility and benefit detail information for all payor sources
- Responsible for scheduling activities for new patient encounters, in collaboration with the professional staff
- Must provide exceptional customer service and professional communications to patients, families, colleagues, insurance entities, and professional staff
- Accurate and timely completion of follow up tasks associated to professional referrals, website requests, emails, and eCW referrals
- Ability to perform a variety of duties and work within a structured environment
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS:
- Experience working in a medical office
- Ability to use phones and computer software
- Experience using EMRs
- Hard-working, Honest and Compassionate
- Teachable-- someone who grows where they are planted and takes initiative
- Experience with the addiction and substance abuse community.
- Current CSAC-A or CPRS certification preferred but not required
A comprehensive benefits package is offered to full-time employees.
Please do not contact the office directly! We are conducting all hiring activities through our ATS and the associated email account. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
Note: We are looking for someone to work outside the normal Mon through Fri 8am to 5pm hours. Must have evening and Saturday flexibility.
Salary: $16 hourly
All Master Center Employees are required to be fully vaccinated (all recommended doses). Anyone with a qualifying reason not to get vaccinated must submit weekly PCR testing.
To keep patients and employees safe, we have implemented measures per CDC guidelines and state requirements, including wearing masks, social distancing, limiting capacity, & providing some services via telehealth.